Racket Head Extreme Tour
The Head Extreme Tour racket has been improved with the addition of Auxetic technology for improved feel when hitting. Graphene 360+ technology is still present for enhanced stability and comfort.
This model has been developed for players looking for spin in a headsize 630cm² but also for a good power-control ratio.
The headsize 98 (632cm²) has a thinner profile for improved control and feel. The weight of 305 grams coupled with its 31.5cm balance offers excellent maneuverability.
The Extreme Tour benefits from bumper and grommet set from the Extreme range. They allow freer string movement and a greater trampoline effect at ball impact for more power.
Its innovative, bold design will get you noticed on the courts.
The Extreme range is recommended by Italian player Matteo Berrettini and Richard Gasquet.
Our test of the Head Extreme Tour racket
The main change in this version lies in the feel of the racket at impact. It's clear that we feel less firmness and more suppleness, which leads to a better feel at impact.
This Head Extreme Tour enabled us to find a good blend of power and control, while benefiting from a very good spin.
Its dynamic 16x19 string pattern makes it easy to create spin despite its headsize 98 (632cm²). The compromise between power and control is perfectly balanced, but you'll need to be relatively well centered. This racket requires a minimum of centering to get the most out of it.
If you're an aggressive player with explosive, sweeping strokes, this is the racket for you.
If you're looking for more power with less fuss, consider the Extreme MP, which offers more forgiveness, spin and power, but less control and precision.
On serve, zones and spin are easy to find and we like the frame's versatility.
WHO SHOULD USE THE HEAD EXTREME TOUR?
We recommend the Head Extreme Tour for powerful players who like to impose their pace with lift and who like to finish the point on the fly. You'll find an ideal compromise between power and control.
- Ideal power/control ratio
Head Extreme Tour technologies
- Auxetic: New construction, implemented on the racket's bridge, offering improved feel at impact even when the ball doesn't hit the sweet spot perfectly. With the new Auxetic technology, players will have more feel and confidence in the game.
- Graphene Inside: Strategically positioned in most Head rackets, graphene reinforces the frame, offers greater stability and optimizes the transfer of energy from the racket to the ball.
- Spin Pattern: The open 16x19 string pattern is designed to spring back into shape directly after impact for improved spin.
- Spin Shaft: The Spin shaft optimizes lateral stability, creating higher spin.
- Spin Grommets: Grommets allow better string movement for more power and spin.
- Sound Grommets: improved string movement for more power, comfort and vibration.
Rackets sold unstrung